Animations and sliding - dissable

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
Jan Szymanski
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by Jan Szymanski »

So far I have used InstallAware 2012. Not long ago I bought InstallAware X2. I rate it positively, but my clients irritating animations and sliding. Can you disable it?
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Jan,

just Set the FX pre-defined Variable to NONE.


Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Befire
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:42 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by Befire »

Hello,

maybe i am just not finding it - Where exactly can I
find this "FX pre-defined Variable" ?

I cant find a variable in "Dialogs".
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Belfire,

it's not a dialog variable, but a pre-defined script variable the one that you have to set.

In other words, just add the following code line at the very beginning of your main script.

Code: Select all

Set Variable FX to NONE
Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
SonoAware01
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by SonoAware01 »

I now have over 15 installers written with InstallAware 18 that have changed behavior with X3 apparently related to this FX variable and sliding behavior when my installers used to simply appear as dialogs.
Is this a relatively new variable that was defaulted to something other than None?
Are you suggesting I have to open all my installer scripts and add this variable to my scripts?
:-(

All I know is X3 has changed the behavior of my installers and all I hoped was I could upgrade to the latest InstallAware product and not break backwards compatibility.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

You have to set "FX pre-defined variable" to NONE at the very beginning of your main script file to skip dialog animations, otherwise its default value will be applied.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Weatherlights
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by Weatherlights »

Is this possible in the Express Edition? These Transitions are very annoying.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

Unfortunately it's not possible to control the Transitions effects from the Express Edition.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Weatherlights
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by Weatherlights »

Sorry to bother once more. I just want to suggest to disable any transition effects in the Express edition then. Nearly everyone I send my setup to is asking if these effects are needed and that they do not look very professional.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Weatherlights,

I respect the fact that you don't like those transition effects, but please also consider that this is just an opinion.
Anyway, I'll report your suggestion to our dev team. It might be possible that this capability will available with future product releases.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
pfennig

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by pfennig »

If I may throw in my 2 cents here, our customers didn't like this sliding effect either,
and actually it only looks good with simple themes. As soon as one uses more graphically
sophisticated themes the sliding begins to jitter and blur.
So I had to go through all projects and disable the effect.

So far, so good.

To be honest, I consider it very bold to introduce such a feature that is truly a matter of taste,
and to even force it on every existing project without asking.
Even worse is that, as I just learned, there is an edition that can't even get rid of this change.
I think the best thing would be to give this edition the option to disable the effect and to leave
existing projects untouched.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by FrancescoT »

At any rate, it's Always possible to disable wizard animation special effects from command line.
<setup.exe> FX=NONE

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
davidesalvetti
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am

Re: Animations and sliding - dissable

Post by davidesalvetti »

FrancescoT wrote:At any rate, it's Always possible to disable wizard animation special effects from command line.
<setup.exe> FX=NONE

Regards
Hi Francesco,

How can I do that if I have the Express Edition and I have to run my install pack but not from the command line? Just Double Clicking on the .exe?
Is there any option or I must have another edition of the InstallAware?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply