Sample Plugin code

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
scanner2001
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Ohio

Sample Plugin code

Post by scanner2001 »

I am looking at developing a new plugin. Could someone post an example plugin code in c++, it can be simple, so that I could review it? I would like something beyond the stubbed out wizard.

Thanks,
Jeff
skibbs
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:06 pm
Location: Redmond, WA
Contact:

Post by skibbs »

I agree, that would be really helpful :)
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Great news! This source just came in for the Eval plug-in. Thank you Christian Zangl for making this source code available!

File Attached:

Eval.zip
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
zchris
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Austria

Post by zchris »

Thanks Candice for saving me the work of posting it myself!

I should note that this is not exactly 'clean' code - but I hope it helps! :)
scanner2001
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by scanner2001 »

Thankyou, this should be a great help.

Jeff
scanner2001
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by scanner2001 »

Thankyou, this should be a great help.

Jeff
tofutim
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by tofutim »

Thank you from 6 years in the future.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear tofutim,

Probably you missed that InstallAware actually comes with Plug-in sample projects available for MS VC++ or Delphi.

Click the InstallAware button, then choose New Project Other.
On the Plug-Ins tab, pick a plug-in template.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
tofutim
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by tofutim »

I did miss that. I only found empty templates for VC++ and Delphi that are non-working (no dialog or text). Where are the samples?
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear tofutim,

those are Plugins projects templates examples and contains all the required code to have a plugin working!!

It is supposed that a C++ or Delphi developer already knows how to display a dialog using Win API.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
tofutim
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by tofutim »

For the future, it would be nice to include '__declspec(dllexport) int WINAPI DesignTimeText(const char* State, char* Text)' in the template example, as well as returning and filling State/Text. It turned out that I forgot to update 'mIDEPlug.def' with DesignTimeText, so it wasn't working. All good now!
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Sample Plugin code

Post by FrancescoT »

That's true ... is missed the function prototype declaration.

Regards.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply