X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
QooScho
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 am

X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by QooScho »

Hello,

I have switched my MSI code from IA17 to X4. There is a line with Eval Plugin to check if a software is installed or not.
This works fine with IA17.

Eval NOGSWINFILE = $GSWINFILE32$="NOTFOUND" and $GSWINFILE64$="NOTFOUND"

But now after build with X4 and executing the new setup I receive this error:

Invalid syntax: ""NOTFOUND"=""NOTFOUND"" and ""=""NOTFOUND""

See attached screenshots for details:
Is there a problem with Eval and X4?

best regards
Hans
Attachments
eval_MSI.jpg
eval_MSI.jpg (24.37 KiB) Viewed 126683 times
eval_syntax.jpg
eval_syntax.jpg (8.04 KiB) Viewed 126683 times
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Hans,

I don't believe this is an InstallAware plugin ... you should contact the developer directly.

Regards

PLEASE NOTE!
This topic has been moved to the more appropriate "Plug-In Development" forum.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
QooScho
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 am

Re: X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by QooScho »

Dear Francesco
I thought the Camelot Installaware Plugins are offical plugins?

I found this old link:

http://www.installaware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81

regards
Hans
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Hans,

that one is an old plugin released by a third party vendor. Honestly I do not know if they have ever made an updated version of it.
Very probably that plugin version doesn't support latest IA versions.

You should contact them directly.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
QooScho
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 am

Re: X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by QooScho »

Dear Francesco
I have contacted Camelot but have not received an answer yet.

Other question:
How can you do such a Expression without the Eval Plugin
If(Variable1 = "") and (variable2 = "") ?

In installaware there is no "AND" operator.

best regards
Hans
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: X4 EVAL Plugin Problem?

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Hans,

you may use the "Evaluate Expression" command.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply