Open Office Web Media Block

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
coder12345
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 8:04 pm

Open Office Web Media Block

Post by coder12345 »

I was wondering if there is a web media block for OpenOffice?
Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by Gizm0 »

Not but it's very easy to create one.. It's rather simple if it's an MSI file, to install not to create the web media block or even if it's not, if there is a silent install mode, you can do it..
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
Install[b]Aware[/b] Software Corporation
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Technically speaking, a web media block is just an archive, a collection of files seperate from the main setup.exe file. It may contain one or more runtimes and some or all of the main application, depending on how you crafted the application.

What you are really asking for is a runtime :)
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
MLS
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:57 am

Post by MLS »

This is related to somthing I was considering. I use Xceed Components and I don't want to include all these dll in my webdownload each time since they don't change often.

So what you are saying is I can create a seperate msi installed with installaware to install these files into the GAC and then make this appear as a prerequisite?

Making the msi is ok no problems there but I was wondering how I get installaware to recognise this installer from another project?
Post Reply