Vista TaskDialog

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
jls
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:17 am
Location: Norway

Vista TaskDialog

Post by jls »

I have created a TaskDialog just to test if it work.

Maybe I will create a plugin, but the dll seems to work.

Currently I have made this interface:

Code: Select all

function ShowInformation(Title : PChar;Instruction : PChar;Content: PChar): boolean; stdcall;

function ShowWarning(Title : PChar;Instruction : PChar;Content: PChar): boolean; stdcall;

function ShowQuestion(Title : PChar;Instruction : PChar;Content: PChar): boolean; stdcall;

function ShowRadioButtonQuestion(Title : PChar;Instruction : PChar;Content: PChar;Radiobuttons : PChar): integer; stdcall;
ShowRadioButtonQuestion:
Radiobuttons is a comma separated list
Return values are:
0 if you select NO
201,202.... if you select on of the radiobuttons


The dialog works on all windows versions.

Jørgen Storlie
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Thank you for sharing the news of your Vista Task Dialog DLL! It would be great if you could post the DLL here as a ZIP attachment, so other users can also benefit from it.

Also, a question I have is, how is the task dialog implemented on platforms other than Vista? Is it emulated in some form?
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
jls
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:17 am
Location: Norway

Post by jls »

I have posted the message twice. The dll in uploaded in the other message.


The DLL is created in Delphi. I have used TAdvTaskDialog from tmssoftware.
Is is emulated on non Vista platforms.

It is easy to support more of the features if the task dialog e.g. command buttons more info text....
Post Reply