InstallAware X9 Failure to Install

For all your non-technical questions.
Post Reply
ashirket
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

InstallAware X9 Failure to Install

Post by ashirket »

I am encountering an issue while attempting to install InstallAware X9 Developer (minimum required install) on Windows Server 2012 R2. Everytime I run the installation it always fails at the same point with the same message at the same point during the installation.

The message I see is Unable to copy installation data to local folders and the file it say that it is installing when this occurs is SQL_COMMON_CORE.MSP.

How can I go about figuring out what is happening here?
ashirket
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: InstallAware X9 Failure to Install

Post by ashirket »

Nevermind. This is solved. Turns out the system was just running out of storage. I had no idea that InstallAware was such a large program so I didn't even think it could fill up the rest of the hard drive space.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: InstallAware X9 Failure to Install

Post by FrancescoT »

It's always possible to select which feature to install from the setup wizard.

Most of the space gets consumed by Application Runtimes. So, you may simply skip to install those you don't need.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply