including flash for developer

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
zhalmos
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:22 pm
Location: Morgan Hill
Contact:

including flash for developer

Post by zhalmos »

I have Installaware 5 developer. When I put the movie.swf file in the creatives window it does not recognize the flash in the progress dialog. I tried including a index.htm with a flash placeholder, but I'm using the swoosh template and maybe there's no flash plugin on that page. But I have no idea how to tell. More importanly, the instructions say, if there is no flash plugin simply edit the dialog page, but developer does not let you edit pages. So is there a workaround? Maybe I can import a progress page from a different template that already has a flash control on that page? Don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Ah, I think you are just using a theme that does not come pre-built with a Flash control.

Try Orangehue, Bluewave - if I remember correctly they come with the Flash control built-in.

Or, you may just customize dialogs with the dialog editor, but as you say that's Studio.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Post Reply