The German Language Pack for InstallAware already includes all necessary translations so you can use this new theme immediately (if you haven't updated to latest version 1.0.67 yet - get it here).
For more information please visit the official product site:
If you run into any problems, please don't hesitate to write a post to this thread so we can solve these problems (annotations are always welcome also).
Thank you,
Markus
Last edited by casic on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Markus Diettrich
Install[b]Aware[/b] MVP
[i]If it can't be done with InstallAWARE then you are not using Windows[/i]
Amazing!Adopted for my next software major release!
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
Install[b]Aware[/b] Software Corporation
Wow Markus! Thanks! Is there any way of making the theme handle alternate dpi settings, such as having the screen set to 120dpi? At the moment the background doesn't stretch and the layout looks more 'centred', not right-aligned.
Thanks for freely donating such a professional theme!
I think you can fix this by setting bitmap properties - look at some of the other existing themes that use bitmaps, they illustrate the techniques to get rid of this problem.
Thanks again for a great theme!!!
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
That is looking almost perfect - just the usual rubbish stretching of images when viewing at 120dpi, but that can't be helped!
I have a few suggestions regarding wording in dialogs. Most of these pertain to the standard themes as well, not just yours.
1) 'startmenu' dialog: When presented with options for creating shortcuts, I think most users select 'All Users', so it makes sense to position that choice first, and 'Current User Only' second.
2) 'progressprereq' dialog: This screen is diaplyed when uninstalling the previous version, and the standard text doesn't sound right. Improved text: 'Please wait while the setup wizard processes the $TITLE$ requirements. This may take several minutes.'
3) Personal preference: In dialog text I prefer the use of 'setup wizard' instead of 'InstallAware Wizard'. I have had a few users asking what InstallAware is, because they thought they were installing the wrong program! Having InstallAware in the screen caption is fine. It is just confusing in the text.
I would just like to reitterate sinan post, I really love the look of the vista black, however I wish to change the colours to blend in with my app colour scheme and I was wondering if the icons used on the installer would be avaliable so that I can add these to my customised header images?
[quote="casic"]
If you run into any problems, please don't hesitate to write a post to this thread so we can solve these problems (annotations are always welcome also).[/quote]
A blue vista theme is currently not available but there are many responses to create one Unfortunately a blue theme is not so easy as a black theme because there are a lot of blue shades. So, what's you favourite blue color (for the background)?
Thank you all,
Markus
P.S. The used icons are NOT available for free but must be licensed by the manufacturer for about 500 USD. The license agreement allows to integrate the graphics into own projects und distribute them royalty free BUT NOT to share the graphics in any other way.
Markus Diettrich
Install[b]Aware[/b] MVP
[i]If it can't be done with InstallAWARE then you are not using Windows[/i]
About Royalty free...
can I use this theme to make setup.exe and distribute?
I do not modify the graphics inside.
casic wrote:Hi there,
big sorry for the late response!!!
A blue vista theme is currently not available but there are many responses to create one Unfortunately a blue theme is not so easy as a black theme because there are a lot of blue shades. So, what's you favourite blue color (for the background)?
Thank you all,
Markus
P.S. The used icons are NOT available for free but must be licensed by the manufacturer for about 500 USD. The license agreement allows to integrate the graphics into own projects und distribute them royalty free BUT NOT to share the graphics in any other way.