int WINAPI DesignTimeEdit(
int Window,
const char* State,
const char* NewState
);
the docs say to copy my buffer to NewState on the second call, but how does one modify a const? i was only able to make this work by modifying the def to:
int WINAPI DesignTimeEdit(
int Window,
const char* State,
char* NewState
);
which works fine... but i was curious how you are able to make it work with the prototype provided... i asked some more knowledge programmers and they didn't understand it either so please enlighten us!
This is certainly a bug in the template generated code. Thank you for pointing this out. I will have this corrected immediately. Your revised declaration is correct.
Well at least that means I'm not as crazy as previously thought. It's also worth pointing out that the same declaration exists in the documentation (which is why I didn't think it was a mistake to begin with).