Custom Dialog Themes

Post complete new themes or wizard dialogs here.
Post Reply
TheVman
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Custom Dialog Themes

Post by TheVman »

Hi all,

This is perhaps a better place for my question asked here http://www.installaware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3824
"I have all except the "<theme>.exe: Your compiled theme sampler". What and how do I get this?"
Image
Regards,
TheVman
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Just make a setup project that displays all dialogs in your theme!

For your convenience I have attached one such setup project used for an existing theme.

File Attached:

attractive.zip
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
TheVman
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Post by TheVman »

CandiceJones wrote:Just make a setup project that displays all dialogs in your theme!

For your convenience I have attached one such setup project used for an existing theme.

File Attached:

<a>attractive.zip
Hi Candice,
Thank you, but I cannot see a *.mpr file. Also what are the *.baggage files?
Regards,
TheVman
TheVman
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Post by TheVman »

TheVman wrote:
CandiceJones wrote:Just make a setup project that displays all dialogs in your theme!

For your convenience I have attached one such setup project used for an existing theme.

File Attached:

<a>attractive.zip
Hi Candice,
Thank you, but I cannot see a *.mpr file. Also what are the *.baggage files?
Hi Candice,

Sorry, it WAS in there, I just did not look hard enough. :(
What are the *.baggage files?
Regards,
TheVman
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Do you have custom AVI files you're showing in dialogs? Then you specify them in baggage files. Look at the Attractive theme for an example. If you don't have AVI files, never mind about baggage files - don't use them at all!
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
TheVman
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Post by TheVman »

CandiceJones wrote:Do you have custom AVI files you're showing in dialogs? Then you specify them in baggage files. Look at the Attractive theme for an example. If you don't have AVI files, never mind about baggage files - don't use them at all!
Hi Candice,
Ahhh, I wondered how they got an avi file in there. I went to the properties of the 'Swoosh' avi but could not work out how to replace it with my own. I might make a second Vista theme with an avi to learn on.

Thanks.
Regards,
TheVman
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

1. Copy your AVI file to the dialog folder
2. Create the baggage file
3. Edit the AVI object's filename property and indicate the filename of the AVI file (NO PATH)
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
TheVman
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 am

Post by TheVman »

Hi Candice,

Sorry to be a pain but the 'attractive' script only displays the welcome screen, then loops to the end of the script without pausing on the other dialogs.
Regards,
TheVman
Post Reply