Write variables to XML file?

For all your non-technical questions.
Post Reply
pointeman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Write variables to XML file?

Post by pointeman »

Does InstallAware write variables to a Microsoft XML file?
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Sure, use the Edit File plug-in.
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
pointeman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by pointeman »

Can you point me in the correct direction? I don't know anything concerning InstallAware plugins. I did not find any information in the local Help either.
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Just download the plug-in from the Plug-Ins section of this forum :)
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
pointeman
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by pointeman »

Well the only problem now is the EditINI plugin does NOT write conventional XML format. It writes settings like [SQLCON] instead of <SQLCONN>. I've read other posts where the pro's say the EditINI can write to any file, but I thinkd the EditINI is a very specialized plugin. I think InstallAware needs a specialized EditXML plugin as well. XML files are very popular theses days....
Post Reply