Feature Dependency

For all your non-technical questions.
Post Reply
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Feature Dependency

Post by Tiago »

Can I create dependency relationships between features in a way that, when in the "componentstree" dialog, if the user selects a feature that depends on another one, this other feature is automatically selected as well? I remember clearly that IS had this functionality, so I'm wondering if IA offers something similar I could use.

Thanks in advance.
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

You can use MSIcode for this:

Get Component State
Set Component State
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tiago »

Hi Candice,

Is there a way to reflect the suggested automatic selection in the "componentstree" dialog, so the user can have a feedback about what the installer is about to do?

Thanks in advance.
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Not other than re-displaying the dialog with maybe an additional infotip, sorry.
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tiago »

OK, thank you!
Post Reply