how can I keep a dll resident in memory?

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
sfoxover
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

how can I keep a dll resident in memory?

Post by sfoxover »

Hi,

Is there any way to keep a dll or plug-in resident in memory for the duration of the install. I have an exported function call that I run as soon as the installer loads. I then want to call the dll again after I insert a custom dialog. I have a lot of data persisted in the dll that I do not want to convert into a format that can be persisted in the InstallAware script. Is there any way to keep this dll alive for the entire install session?

Regards

Steve
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: how can I keep a dll resident in memory?

Post by MichaelNesmith »

I am afraid you cannot - may I suggest for convenience your DLL save state information to a file in $SUPPORTDIR$ - it will then be deleted automatically when setup is finished.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Post Reply