Read Registry Key no complete way

Post specialized setup scripts you have created here.
Post Reply
Merops
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Read Registry Key no complete way

Post by Merops »

Hi,

I want to know if a key exists, but I do not know her way around as it depends on user input (database name).
For example :
HKCU\Software\MySoft\DatabaseXYZ
HKCU\Software\MySoft\BaseABC
..

I try "Check Registry Key HKCU\Software\MySoft\*" but result is "NOKEY".

Bests regards,

Franck :wink:
giaviv
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Read Registry Key no complete way

Post by giaviv »

Hi,

Were you actually using the string "HKCU\Software\MySoft\*" or did you replace * with the correct key name?
Aviv Giladi
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Product Guides - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... guides.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Merops
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Read Registry Key no complete way

Post by Merops »

Hi,

I do not know the full name of the key because it depends on the user input.

I try :
Check Registry Key HKCU\Software\MySoft\*
Check Registry Key HKCU\Software\MySoft\%

But, the result is "NOKEY".

Thank you for your help,
giaviv
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Read Registry Key no complete way

Post by giaviv »

Hi,

I'm still not sure im getting it - you can't use * as the key name, you have to specify a specific key..
Aviv Giladi
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Product Guides - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... guides.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply