EditFile plugin

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Dalli
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Unicode Problem

Post by Dalli »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I use it with german Umlaute the special letters get lost. But the main problem is, that the whole apllication is not starting.
Is there an solution?
Thanks all for your help
Thomas
Regrads,

Dalli
Dalli
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Unicode Problem

Post by Dalli »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I use it with german Umlaute the special letters get lost. But the main problem is, that the whole apllication is not starting.
Is there an solution?
Thanks all for your help
Thomas
Regrads,

Dalli
Dalli
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Unicode Problem

Post by Dalli »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I use it with german Umlaute the special letters get lost. But the main problem is, that the whole apllication is not starting.
Is there an solution?
Thanks all for your help
Thomas
Regrads,

Dalli
Dalli
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Unicode Problem

Post by Dalli »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I use it with german Umlaute the special letters get lost. But the main problem is, that the whole apllication is not starting.
Is there an solution?
Thanks all for your help
Thomas
Regrads,

Dalli
StyX
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Contact:

Post by StyX »

is it possible to use variables inside the plugin ?

IE:
Text file path: $TARGETDIR$\\PBMS52\\CpgManager.config
Find What: LOCALAPPDATA
Replace with: $EnvironmentVarStored$

is this the correct syntax to use or is it even possible ?
Damocles
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Damocles »

Yes it is.

But i have another problem, when i edit a file on a certain 'drive' (doesn't matter if it's an actual harddrive oder network drive) it edits it fine.

But when i refer to the file as \\\\server\\dir\\dir\\file.txt
it wont't work. so my input is:

edit file $targetdir$\\config.cfg

U:\\ refers to \\\\server\\usernamewhen i use $targetdir$=U it works
with targetdir = \\\\server\\username\\ it doesn't

is there a way to solve this?
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tiago »

I installed the plugin to help me with an ongoing project, but now the build is failing (Error during build: Failed to compile plug-in action: EditFile).

Would rewrite the project from scratch help me in some sort of way?
Thanks in advance.
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tiago »

No. I started from scratch, but still it didn't work. Is there some compatibility issue between this plugin and the most recent version of InstallAware? Is there any other command I could use to replace a token in a XML file?

Thanks in advance again [:P]
Tiago
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Tiago »

Here is the new version of the EditFile plugin updated for IA9: http://www.installaware.com/forums/olda ... lugins.exe
bmills42
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by bmills42 »

Thanks for this plug-in. It's exactly what I needed to replace a value in my app's config file.
marcra
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: EditFile plugin

Post by marcra »

I am trying to get the updated plug in for IA9 but the link http://www.installaware.com/forums/olda ... lugins.exe just returns me to the IA home page. Is there a problem or has this file moved?

Thanks in advance
MRA
Regards
Marc Roberts-Allday
marcra
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: EditFile plugin

Post by marcra »

The latest version I have is marked as 4.1.0.2005. This verion, when compiling either single file or CD, gives me the build error 'Error during build: Failed to compile plug-in action: EditFile'
Regards
Marc Roberts-Allday
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: EditFile plugin

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: EditFile plugin

Post by MichaelNesmith »

The file is correct, but I guess some ISPs are causing trouble due to caching. So I have renamed the download:

http://www.installaware.com/Camelot-Ins ... Proper.exe

Enjoy!
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
sdeschenes
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: EditFile plugin

Post by sdeschenes »

zchris,

Have you thought about adding Unicode support to your EditFile plugin? This would be really useful.
Post Reply