RuntimeExecute, Windowhandle = 0

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
rcaspers
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

RuntimeExecute, Windowhandle = 0

Post by rcaspers »

Hi there, I made myself a plugin, But when the runtimeexecute function is called the Window parameter is 0, Is there a way to work arround this?
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

An active window might not be showing then? Also try in a built setup run outside the IDE for more accurate results.
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
rcaspers
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by rcaspers »

When i run the setup both in- en outside the IDE there is an active setup window. I used a messagebox to diaplay the window handle and in both cases it is 0.
rcaspers
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by rcaspers »

Also inside my project, when i display the WINDOWHANDLE variable with a messagbox it shows me 0
cmwallace
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by cmwallace »

I have also found the $WINDOWHANDLE$ value to be 0. This is a problem when attempting to call the ShowWindow API using Call DLL Function in an effort to minimize the installer. That, and I don't know what to pass the parameter as. An HWND is a struct, but having a $WINDOWHANDLE$ variable would indicate that perhaps it is supposed to be passed as a pointer to double word?
rcaspers
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

alternative way to find the window handle

Post by rcaspers »

If found an alernative

FindWindow('TPoolTemplate','complete caption caption of the window ');

replace ''complete caption caption of the window ' by the caption
probably something like: $project name$ + ' - InstallAware Wizard'

Greetings

René Caspers
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

I believe this is fixed in InstallAware 9.
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
rcaspers
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Yes it is

Post by rcaspers »

I noticed that the problem is solved, thanks
Post Reply