Hi,
I would like to edit an ini file wich will be installed. But I read I can't call Edit Ini file after the Apply Install command because this is a Windows Installer command.
Should I call Edit Ini File command before Apply install (in the DEFINE WEB MEDIA bloc ?) using SFXPATH valiable, to edit my ini file?
Install Files E:\\MyLocalFilePath\\MyIniFile.opt to $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt
...
Apply Install (get result into variable success)
If Varible MyCustomVariable Equals 1
Edit INI File $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt, [MySection] var=value1
else
Edit INI File $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt, [MySection] var=value2
End
Install Files E:\\MyLocalFilePath\\MyIniFile.opt to $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt
...
If Varible MyCustomVariable Equals 1
Edit INI File $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt, [MySection] var=value1
else
Edit INI File $TARGETDIR$\\MyDestDir\\MyIniFile.opt, [MySection] var=value2
End
Apply Install (get result into variable success)
Jim Oswell
Software Engineering Manager, Dental
Greenway Health, LLC
http://greenwaymedical.com
BUT ... My Ini file contains a checksum and I would like to calculate the new checksum when the file will be copied, and Edit the file to update a value.
I'm developping a plugin in order to calculate the new check sum.
I hope I would be able to edit my ini file just after the last editions.
I saw a "File contains a checksum" check box in the file properties, but I don't know how to use it.
The checksum option is for when you're installing files. From what I understand you are storing the INI checksum as part of the INI file itself, so that's not what you're looking for.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/