Command line build and Product Version

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
Tinus
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Germany

Command line build and Product Version

Post by Tinus »

I know this has been asked a few times and I already searched the forum but I need a definite answer.

I want to set the Product Version on a command line build (FinalBuilder) from outside of the IDE.
I already created a compiler variable called VERS and used this in the first line of my script:

Code: Select all

Set Variable VERSION to #VERS#
Unfortunately I can't use #VERS# in the visual Project Properties for the Product Version and
the created setup EXE still has the FileVersion specified in the visual Project Properties.
Is there a way to force the FileVersion of the setup EXE to use my command line version?
Martin Rothschink

AxoNet Software GmbH
http://www.axonet.de/products/other-pro ... stallaware
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Actually, you may use compiler variables in the product version field. So that will take care of it for you.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Tinus
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:42 am
Location: Germany

Post by Tinus »

Thanks for the info,

I already tried this yesterday and it hasn't worked.
Nowit works! Seems I had a bad day, yesterday.
Martin Rothschink

AxoNet Software GmbH
http://www.axonet.de/products/other-pro ... stallaware
Post Reply