Microsoft Security Update KB2962872 Breaks InstallShield; InstallAware 18 Offers Flexible and Secure Upgrade Path.July 13th, 2014
Microsoft’s Security Update KB2962872 is crashing multiple versions of InstallShield as described at http://windowsitpro.com/security/micros … tallshield, rendering a very expensive product inoperative. While InstallShield is currently researching the nature of the problem as described at http://www.installaware.com/brokenshield.asp, InstallAware offers a very flexible upgrade path to all developers and administrators affected by the issue.
InstallShield have made great strides in recent years catching up with the flexibility offered by InstallAware. InstallShield 2014 released this year natively implemented some very popular InstallAware features, some of which had been available in InstallAware for as long as a decade:
1) High-DPI Installs (since 2004)
2) Multiple Instance Installs (since 2005)
3) Setup Always Installs Latest Available Version Online (since 2012)
Companies such as Embarcadero migrated away from InstallShield as early as 2008, recognizing the more flexible nature of InstallAware early on, as described in the migration case study available at http://www.installaware.com/CodeGearCaseStudy2008.pdf. In 2008, a vulnerability was discovered in the InstallShield Update Service Agent, as documented at https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/837092. Arbitrary code could be executed, compromising any system with InstallShield-installed products on them.
InstallAware in its decade of operation has never been affected negatively by Microsoft Security Updates, or compromised end-user systems where InstallAware setups have been run, under any circumstance. InstallAware‘s emergence after the invention of Microsoft’s Windows Installer standard has made it a stable, well-designed product from the ground-up; whereas legacy installation vendors have had to scramble to retrofit their ageing technology dating to the early 90′s.
In addition to the unsurpassed flexibility and stability offered by InstallAware for Windows software developers and Windows system administrators, licensing is also effortless on the InstallAware platform. InstallAware‘s licensing just-works – without needing to install dedicated product license servers, or without even requiring an Internet connection to activate or use products on an ongoing basis. This is a boon to computing environments which must remain disconnected from the Internet for security reasons.
Upgrade to flexible and secure InstallAware 18 Studio this week, and enjoy these benefits:
1) A nearly 50% discount on all our product editions.
2) If you’re purchasing from the Schengen Zone (most of Europe), we’ve also cancelled our increased EURO pricing – so you get to enjoy the same USD prices available in the rest of the world.
3) The most flexible installer, stable and secure, available for a fraction of the cost of InstallShield.
4) An additional 34% instant competitive upgrade discount – so you get to enjoy competitive upgrade pricing this week, even if you don’t already own an old version of InstallShield.
Prices start at only $989.34 when you click the URL below: